Friday, October 31, 2008

We are in our new home ....




I never thought I'd be so glad to see an oven rack. Yes, there was a range in the new house, but the oven racks did not fit. We coudn't find anything locally so we ordered via the internet. We had to shop around since the first single one we found was over $45! Yikes! Dh finally found one for $27, but by this time I was ready for one at least so we ordered it and it came yesterday. So far I've made meatloaf, pumpkin pie, brownies and cut-out cookies!


The rest of the house is still not in order, but I'm working on it. I have started homeschooling my 2 sons and realized yesterday we are actually halfway through our math curriculum! Both boys are thriving.


The house is just lovely, except for our moving-in mess. Whomever was here before must have watched a lot of hgtv. My kitchen is red and I love red. I moved here without ever seeing this house. My hubby did a good job. :)

My couponing and refunding is going well and I'm cutting our food costs with every visit to the store. There are many good deals out there if you look! Also, my nieces are getting interested and that helps because they are so excited about cutting their food budget by a third.

I am missing my chickens and hope to get started again soon.

I need to get busy. There's just so much to do in the busy life of a homemaker!

1 comment:

AlanaTatter said...

Congratulations! How exciting to move into a new home AND realize that homeschooling is going well! The Lord is so kind!