Friday, June 29, 2007

The Dishwasher





Unless something out of the ordinary happens, I only use my dishwasher once per day. When money starts to get tight, I just do the dishes to save on our water usage and electricity. There have also been times when I've used it only every other day. I do love my dishwasher and appreciate the time and work it saves me. :)
Recently I ran out of dishwasher powder, I normally use a cheap brand like Aldi's or SaveAlots. Walmart's own brand works fine too. I decided to question the cost on this item so of course I got on the internet. I found this recipe: equal parts baking soda and borax. Some recipes call for salt to be added to this, but I haven't tried it yet. I simply put one tablespoon of each in the compartment.
I also use dry citric acid in the open compartment and it helps a lot with our hard water. My husband (who is very astute in chemistry) had done some research on lemi shine which we used to buy and found out this was the key ingredient. He ordered a ton of this and started to sell it at his work. He made our money back that he invested plus had enough left over for us to use. How nice!

No comments: