Thursday, June 28, 2007

That Friendly Solar-Powered Dryer


Besides saving electricity, laundry dried on a clothesline smells wonderful.
I keep extra clothespins in a basket that hangs behind the washer and electric dryer. You may also wish to have a clothespin bag. You can make one of these easily. An apron with large pockets for clothespins and of course some laundry baskets. I often make my own laundry detergent, but usually use a store-bought fabric softener. I've not had much luck with the vinegar/baking soda homemade one. My clothesline has 4 lines so I always have room for plenty of items. Some things simply don't dry well outside so sometimes I'll use both the clothesline and dryer at the same time.
I hang shirts upside down with a pin in the middle to prevent as many wrinkles as possible.

I hang underwear by the crotch to hopefully take advantage of the bleaching properties of the sun. I won't go into that one any further!

My husband and children and I especially enjoy sheets dried on the line. Ahhh!

No comments: